Thursday, March 19, 2009

Twitter Is Taking Over!


Twitter-fever has hit the globe in a big way. I logged on about a week ago and it since been what I wake and up go to bed with (no comments from the peanut gallery!). It's referred to as a "microblogging" social-networking site but I call it tech-crack. Because it's real time, it's more fascinating to me than say Facebook. I have followers from as far away as Finland and it's awesome. I have been trying to get the history but have so far only found that it's been in motion since at least 2006. It has since blown up and it doesn't look like it will slow down anytime soon. Celebrities are obsessed too. Admittedly, there are some posers (Christian M. Bale? um. sure. And, I'm questioning Leo DeCaprio) but you can generally tell the authentic celebs (Paris Hilton, Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore, John Mayer...) by their "updates". If you're are into the Hip Hop community and culture they are onboard too (I'm following Rev Run (with his words of wisdom), Xzibit, stylist June Ambrose (forever sending fashion updates), journalist dream hampton, rapper Jean Grae and Diddy is forever-tweeting...so is Tyrese). Twitterville is an adventure and the Celebrity Tweets are fun to follow, even if they don't answer your replies :-/ There sooo much to get into with this. My suggestion is for you to login and find out for yourself. Especially, if you are a narcissist and/or have a product to market...Twitter a PR dream.

Now go and get your Tweet on: www.twitter.com

Be sure Tweet me: @msBlazeAdams... See ya there!

Article about Twitter's unbelievable growth in the trunk:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13577_3-10200161-36.html

No comments:

Post a Comment