Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Quincy "IQ" Brown Raps A Letter To His Father, Al B. Sure-- AND IT AIN'T NO "THANK YOU" NOTE!


If you are any fan of music, you are aware that Diddy's stepson, Quincy, is Kim Porter's (Diddy's long-time woman/baby's mama) and (80's R&B star, Radio Host) Al B. Sure's son. Diddy's presence as Quincy's stepdad seemed very strong but we rarely saw him with Al. Well, Quincy has something to say about this and his voiced it @ Simmons' site www.globalgrind.com. There is text and there is a rap song. Smart kid. (And, gooo Diddy!) See some of what Quincy has to say, below:
I grew up without my father, an irreplaceable force and influence that was absent in my life. I watched other kids enjoy the embrace of theirs, and I searched for a way to reconcile the meaning of my circumstance.
Despite my pain, I’ve imagined a life as a good son with my father. Baseball … Playing in School Band … Church … All of the things that he would expect his son to do, I’ve done. I’ve stood in front of audiences to receive awards. I heard their applause and praise. But, the accolades have been absent the sound of his clapping hands and encouraging words … his voice that I could distinguish in my sleep. Where has he been? Now, I reflect on the journey, the pain, the challenges, and the triumphs through this song. I’m reconciled as a man, no longer a boy, in verse. Now, I know that I’m not alone. Albert Brown, also known as “Al B Sure!” is my biological father, but Sean Combs, also known as “Diddy” has been a father figure in my life for as long as I can remember. Sean Combs is the person whom I look up to and appreciate as a father. He is the one who help mold me into the person I am today and will always try to live up to his expectations. He has always been supportive of me and I will forever love and respect him. As far as my biological father goes, the “spitting image” is all I have taken from him. Throughout my life, I’ve always wondered about him; Where he was? What was he doing? and most importantly, Was he even thinking about me? The absence of my father has given me a better understanding of what type of man I am going to be. I am grateful for my mom’s love, support, guidance, and for her strength.


Article and audio in the trunk (or click the title post): http://globalgrind.com/content/587030/A-Letter-To-My-Father-Al-B-Sure/

Pic lifted from sandrarose.com

No comments:

Post a Comment