Thursday, March 26, 2009

UPDATE: Dame Dash Speaks Out About Downfall. Blames Helping Others. His Lawyer Tells Us the Real Story.


Boy oh boy oh boy. Dame Dash doesn't doesn't quit when it comes to his arrogance and ego driven bravado. In response to the latest press reports about his personal problems, Dame simply says: "My mistake was watching everybody else's career and not watching mine." (he says a little more...blames his attention to the careers of Rachel Roy and Jim Jones, yea whatever man.) But his former attorney (1991-1997), Combat Jack (per his blog) says other wise:

I confess, when it comes to Damon Dash, I set my watch like 13 years ago, waiting to see when shit like this would happen to him. Not outta hate though, not outta jealousy even, shit I owe dude for helping me in building my business, in helping me to establish a solid reputation in the game, in becoming the person that I am today. The reason I set my watch is because I've seen him humiliate and disgrace so many people, throw so many souls under the proverbial bus that even then, I knew that the shit he's publicly suffering through now was coming, inevitable, only a matter of time. I seen it coming years ago. Only because karma can be a mean bitch, and she is mos def getting it in on dude.

Combat Jack breaks down the whole timeline starting with Dash's start in the music biz, his relationship with JayZ, how Fox-Boogie saved Jay's then flailing career, the whole nine. Oh, and he goes into more about Dame's organic asshole'dness, which is fab. It's a truly awesome blogpost that I highly suggest reading if you are any kind of hip hop/rap fan. Click the post title to get there. Please come back when you're done though. Promise? Ok, cool. :D

Article in the trunk:
http://dailymathematics.blogspot.com/2009/03/combat-jack-on-damon-dash.html

No comments:

Post a Comment