Monday, May 3, 2010

ROBERT DOWNEY, JR. COVERS ROLLING STONE-- TALKS HITTING ROCK BOTTOM-- CRACK, COKE, HEROIN...OH MY!


We are huge Robert Downey, Jr. fans! It's so good to see him on top. In the new Rolling Stone he dons the cover, and discusses hitting rock bottom in the interview. It amazes us that he's still alive. Thank God.

Rollingstone interview excerpt:

“And here I was needing to anesthetize like never before. The wife has moved out, the kid’s gone, my life is a f-cking babyshambles, and I suddenly make the neuropathic connection that there’s nowhere the coke can be but the garbage, and I f-cking dig in the thing and there it is, and it’s so f-cking pure and so clean and there I am, in my own kitchen, cooking up some rock — no Vicodin, no Valium, nothing to take the edge off, barely a trace of f-cking Absolut Citron left in the fridge, and I just go, ‘This is as good as it gets right now.’…All those years of snorting coke, and then I accidentally get involved in heroin after smoking crack for the first time. It finally tied my shoelaces together. Smoking dope and smoking coke, you are rendered defenseless. The only way out of that hopeful state is intervention.”
Wow...just Wow.

via the.LIFE Files/Rollingstone mag

No comments:

Post a Comment