Thursday, December 9, 2010

WATCH: NE-YO DISAPPOINTED BY 1ST WEEK SALES, SOULJA BOY CAN'T BE HAPPY EITHER...





So, Ne-Yo talks about fatherhood and Michael Jackson in his interview with CW Detroit Gossip Girls, but he also talks about his first week album sales for Libra Scale. Apparently, 113,000 isn't a grand number.

On first week album numbers:
I was a little disturbed by my first week numbers, but a lot of things went into that first week number… the album getting leaked a month in advance definitely had something to do with it. That was another situation where I jumped on my soapbox (twitter)and let the world know how I felt about that. You know it’s the world we live in today, it’s the game. You either play the game or you get out. I’m not gonna let the ignorance of some stop me from doing what I feel like I was put on this earth to do.





Hmmm... Wonder how Soulja Boy must feel? Word is, his latest album, The DeAndre Way, only sold 13,000 copies its first week. 100k less than Ne-Yo. Though, to his credit, Soulja has made millions off of his singles due to his social networking savvy. It will be interesting to see how his sales pan out in the long run. Ahhh, they're both doing QUITE fine!

Props

No comments:

Post a Comment