Saturday, March 28, 2009

TWITTER STAR OF THE WEEK: ACTRESS JURNEE SMOLLETT


Why??? Because she's fantabulous! If you don't know her work, look her up: "Eve's Bayou", was her on screen debut (way back in the day), and "The Debaters" was her most recent alongside Denzel(awesome flick, btw). We follow her on Twitter (and we're pretty sure it's really her) and though she's not a big Tweeter, she's doing great things. Like what, you ask? Well, like "still writing a speech for Oprah's Academy visit today", and "getting ready to leave for a dinner I'm guest of honor at...The Conul General is hosting me" and "reading report on young men and the construction of masculinity n sub saharan africa". Though these were things she listed that she was supposed to be doing instead of Twittering, we're sure she got them all handled proper-like. Bottom line: We looovvve Herrrrr!

You can follow her too @jurneesmollett

pic lifted from Jurnee's Twitter page

2 comments:

  1. (= Gotta love her. Yes GOTTA. I demand it. hahaha

    I love reading her tweets. Simple and telling of her purpose, which she seems to be working diligently on fulfilling.

    I love the fact that she does speaking engagements. Public and Motivational Speaking is a love of mine and I respect anyone who gives of their time and spirit as she does.

    Okay...I refuse to look it up, but what was the name of the sit-com she and her sibs did back in the day? They all had "J" names.

    She has always been such a cutie. I am also a nationally recognized debater (pop) so The Great Debaters was moving on several levels for me. I had rallied our debate team to watch it together. She was sultry and delivered her debate dialog with conviction and vigor.

    She should be Twitter star next week too. Her smile makes me happy because even in a photo, you can tell there is congeniality and a beautiful soul behind it. I can see passion and fight in her eyes. GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Josiah is one of her sibs...she's his only friend on Twitter. Looks like he's still doin' his music thang. Very talented family. Wonder what the rest of them are up to???

    ReplyDelete