Thursday, December 23, 2010

Oprah Covers 'Parade' Magazine, Talks President Obama, Retirement + More, Read An Excerpt...

On President Obama: “I think that no one understands until you’ve been in that seat the enormous pressure to please and satisfy everybody. And I think instead of being grateful for where we are and what he has done, we’ve forgotten that we were on the brink of a depression when he took over this office. And as everybody celebrates the holiday season and sits around with their families, regardless of your circumstance, we could’ve had breadlines. How soon we forget that.”



On considering retirement: “I was questioning, Why don’t I build a boat and sail around the world? Why don’t I learn French and find a nice little house in Provence? I could see myself bicycling with my baguettes and the whole thing. But I talked it over with my friends, and they all said, ‘You’re not going to be happy doing nothing.’”
Who can deny that Oprah's The Truth? And, she is so right about what Obama has accomplished for this country. Why don't certain folks get it?

 Source

No comments:

Post a Comment