Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Halle Berry Covers Ebony Magazine, Read An Interview Snippet...

On Nahla…
“I feel like she’s black. I’m black and I’m her mother and I believe in the one-drop theory.  I’m not going to put a label on it. I had to decide for myself and that’s what she’s going to have to decide – how she identifies herself in the world.  And I think, largely, that will be based on how the world identifies her. That’s how I identified myself.  But I feel like she’s black.”

On dating outside her race…
“Well, first thing I want to say is that I’m very connected to my community and I want black people to know that I haven’t abandoned them because I’ve had a child with a man outside of my race and I’m dating someone now outside of my race who is Spanish and French.  I have never been more clear about who I am as a black woman.  The people I have dated sort of hold up a mirror to me and help me realize more of who I really am.”
Two snaps + a circle!

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment